Important instructions for parents
SAINT THOMAS SCHOOL, GODDA.
1. As soon as the diary is issued, parents should fill in all the required data and sign in the spaces provided.
2. Parents should sign the school diary daily. Daily assignments, irregularity in (a) completion of assignment (b) books (c) uniforms, or any other instructions and circulars should be acknowledged by signing the diary at the respective space provided.
3. Parents are requested to frame a daily routine time table for each child. Ensure that it is strictly followed so that they get ample time for all activities in a disciplined manner.
4. Parents should encourage the children to work themselves. The school does not encourage private tuitions.
5. Encourage the children to participate in all curricular and co-curricular activities like news reading, expression of the thought as it is meant to boost the morale of the child to face a crowd and to avoid stage fright.
6. Kindly supervise the children while arranging the next day’s time table to confirm that the child has the complete books & exercise books for smoother working in the class.
7. Kindly provide stationery as and when required by the teachers, as it is used by the children for academic purpose.
8. Please ensure that the child is sent neatly dressed with groomed nails and properly trimmed hair.
9. Kindly replace worn or torn shoes and dresses without any reminder.
10. Sick children should not be sent to the school even for a test or examination. Medical certificate may be sent along with an application.
11. Attendance of parents for “Parent Teacher Interaction” and attendance of children for remedial classes are compulsory.
12. All communications to the school should be addressed to the Principal and it should bear the child’s name, admission number, class, section and the address of the Parent/Guardian.
13. Parents are not permitted to meet the teacher in the classes, on the road or in their houses to discuss the child’s performance.
14. Parents should trust the school, its teachers and their assessment and try to inculcate a similar attitude in their children. Criticism of the teacher , or the school should be best avoided.
15. Parents are not permitted to meet the teacher in the classes, on the road or in their houses to discuss the child’s performance.
16. Exchange of gifts to teachers or any staff member without a written consent of the Principal is not permitted.
17. Parents are requested to frame a daily routine time table for each child. Ensure that it is strictly followed so that they get ample time for all activities in a disciplined manner.
18. Parents are also requested to notify the school / class teacher for any change of address or phone numbers.
19. Small children who are on self conveyance should be received at the gate either by parents or authorised person after the school.
20. When a pupil is admitted on a Transfer Certificate, he shall not be placed in any class higher than that for which the certificate shows him to be qualified, nor will he/she be promoted before the end of the school year.
21. The school neither encourages nor permits students to open accounts on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Orkut etc. and publish any material on these sites. Students may however use their parental accounts with their knowledge and guidance to connect and communicate through these sites. Please note that participating in cyber bullying, stalking etc. is punishable by law.